Frequently Asked Questions
What Ebola Upper Body & Head Protective Gear Do I Need?
Here are the PPE items that are recommended for head protection. Most of these will have a product link.
- Eye protection, Facemask – goggles or face shield must be worn with face masks. Respirators are actually recommended more strongly than goggles.
- N95 respirators. These are for single use.
- Disposable full face shield.
- Disposable surgical hood extending to shoulders.
- PAPR hood with full face shield or headpiece. Reusable helmets or headpieces must be covered with single-use (disposable) hood extending to shoulders and covers the neck entirely and is compatible with the selected PAPR.
What Ebola Lower Body & Foot Protective Gear Do I Need?
The PPE items for your feet you’ll want to include are:
- Shoe covers, boots, booties, impermeable boot covers. They should extend to mid calf or single use displsable shoe covers.
Do you want to be proactive with the Ebola crisis? If so, then check out building your own kit.
What Ebola Mid Body Protective Gear Do I Need?
Here are the PPE items that are recommended for body protection. What’s noticeable is that each of these has extra length. The gown is particularly interesting as it has thumb hooks. I can only guess that this is some kind of an issue with keeping all body areas covered.
- Impermeable gowns (single use fluid resistant) that extends to at least the mid calf area or coverall without the hood, CDC recommends gowns with thumb hooks. Apparently, taping the cuffs increases the risk of exposure.
- Nitrile Examination Gloves – double gloving provides an extra layer of safety during direct patient care as well as the PPE removal process. These will be single use. At the minimum, the outer gloves should have an extended cuff.
- Hand hygiene supplies
© SurvivalKitClub.com 2015
“Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in many (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep my design and customization prices ridiculously low and empower more people worldwide to blog with less worry and less hassle. Thank you! :)”